Hiring A Private Eye
Private investigators– or shall we say, a “private eye” must have, of course, a keen eye, excellent observation skills, and an analytical mind. Often referred to as private detectives, these professionals use a number of surveillance and investigative techniques to gather accurate information on the subject or situation in question. Private investigators are licensed to practice in the state in which they work, and may either work full time as employees or be contracted to work with private detective firms.
The private investigation industry is an in-demand and swiftly growing profession in a number of industries. The skills and expertise of private investigators are of value in a large number of areas, including:
- Computer forensics services
- Personal protection services
- Undercover investigations
- Supplier, vendor and employee screening programs
- Crisis intervention services
- Retail loss and prevention
- Criminal investigation services
- Polygraph services
- Missing persons services
- Pre-employment screenings
- Personal investigations
Reasons to Hire a Private Eye
The internet has seemingly made the armchair investigation not only possible, but easy. While there are times when you can easily check some information online, conducting your own investigation isn’t always the smartest thing to do. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider using a licensed private investigator.
- Training: True professionals never stop learning. Investigators in particular must not only be expert at the business of investigation, they must become knowledgeable in all aspects of their clients business in order to effectively assist them. There are ongoing training programs available for all investigative specialties. Make sure your investigator takes advantage of them. The last person you want working your case is someone that hasn’t learned anything since they were licensed 20 years ago.
- Skill/Experience: Private investigators do this for a living. Although something like surveillance, the simple act of driving behind someone, might seem simple, there are countless variables that take place throughout the process. A good investigator has experience with them and knows how to react in most situations. I say most, because not everything can be anticipated. Having the skill and experience to improvise is essential to successfully completing any case.
- Legal compliance/knowledge: Private investigators know the law. Or at least they should. They know how to obtain and handle evidence and they know how to present it in court. Privacy laws, banking laws and state regulations all come into play during a case. It is imperative that all actions that an investigator takes on your case can stand up in a court of law-even if your case doesn’t go to court.
- Expensive Equipment/Appropriate Gear: There is a lot of specialized gear out there. Much of it is available to the public for a price. Some of it is complicated while quite a bit of it has become very consumer friendly. Believe it or not, to effectively use any gear, you need to practice with it. It doesn’t matter if it’s a “set it and forget it” GPS tracker or a covert hidden camera. If you aren’t familiar with the equipment, it’s operation and it’s limitations, you won’t successfully use it. Private Investigators use these specialized tools regularly and they communicate with other investigators to find out what equipment is best. Just because your investigator has the most expensive gear doesn’t mean it’s the right gear or that they know how to use it.
- Resources: This isn’t just equipment. It’s human capital. Confidential informants, contacts, business associates and any other relationship they’ve built over the years.
While you may initially be anxious about contacting a private investigator because you have never taken that step before, you can be assured that no problem is too small or too unique for us to discuss. All our team members have a broad range of skills and every day we assist individuals, parents, corporations, councils, law firms, insurance companies and others. It costs nothing to contact us to discuss your matter and have us respond with total confidentiality.
When you need proof beyond doubt, you can rely on Private Eye, a professional, skilled and government-licensed private investigation company with over forty four continuous years’ experience. We will carefully and considerately manage your case because we understand that your needs are unique, your objectives are important and, more than likely, we have previously assisted someone with a problem similar to yours. It is vital that an investigation is tailored to suit your circumstances so you should ensure you choose an investigator who communicates with you effectively and understands your goals clearly. Through this communication and planning with Private Eye, you can be guaranteed absolute discretion and the best possible result for you.
We assure you that we can give you satisfaction in the following areas:
- People: We are committed to recruiting proficient professionals who are subsequently provided with the most up-to-date, guidelines and equipment. This is to ensure that our customers will get the best results from our well-trained team.
- Service delivery: We are committed to providing a complete and timely service within the Customer’s’ budget and time constraints by–Continuity. We make sure that we offer very regular contact with our clients to ensure satisfaction; It is also our goal to ensure that client due dates are met and where an extension is required, it will be obtained in the established and agreed manner; and furthermore, the maintenance and enhancement of our operations including good governance among our team.
- Training: We believe that to be able to provide the best services, our Operatives undergo special training and enhancements of our equipment. We acknowledge and are committed to the ongoing training of Operatives to ensure their expertise and knowledge in both business and customer requirements.
- Ethical Behaviour: You can be rest assured that all of our operatives are bound by our Code of Conduct to ensure professional and ethical behaviour at all times.
Contact us today if you need to hire a Private Eye Investigator.